Booked two (2) Mountain View rooms for four (4nights, 4days).
- The first night was via CTrip.com
- The last 3 nights which I actually booked first, were via Agoda.com
The rooms were spacious and neat. The bed was so comfy. It has a flat screen TV but the channels are mostly local. Cable channels does not include any movie.
Has a complimentary items for two – bottled water, coffee, tea, room slippers, toiletries – cotton buds, toothbrush set, and shower cap.
There is also a handy mobile phone in each room. This is really useful since we don’t have internet on our mobile phone, so we used this to access the internet when outside the hotel and also for local and selected international calls for FREE.
The staffs are accommodating, and they speak English. Before going to HK, I even had a number of email exchanges with their Reservations Department (Pinky Leung / email@example.com) because of my inquiries, and I’m glad they respond promptly. The housekeeping also quickly went to our room when we requested to have our bed sheets changed.
Location: 353 Castle Peak Rd (Ting Kau), Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong
- Last (15th) station from Central MTR station (red line)
- Takes about 30mins from Central to Tsuen Wan station
If you’re looking for a hotel where you can easily go back to after going out from shopping, this is probably not your place. BUT, if you are not in a very tight schedule, or have a relaxed itinerary, then I could recommend this place.
There is a shuttle from the hotel to the nearest MTR station (Tsuen Wan) for 10HKD per person/per ride. There is a complimentary shuttle stub on our first morning. Shuttle from Tsuen Wan station to the hotel is free.
Taxi fare from hotel to Tsuen Wan station is about 45HKD.
There isn’t a nearby convenience store or restaurant aside from the ones inside the hotel. You need to take a cab to go to the nearest mall.
Here are some photos taken from my phone:
Room Type: Standard (includes breakfast)
Total / Room Charge: USD 24.38 (PHP 1,060.35)
Booked via Agoda
Room Type: Superior (includes breakfast)
Total / Room Charge: USD 29.55 (PHP 1,278.61)
Booked via Agoda
Address: 7/9 Nguyen Trai District 1 – Ben Thanh Market/Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam
– both standard and superior rooms are well maintained; of course superior room is much bigger
– the morning shift attendants are friendlier and have initiative to offer maps, and discuss other things that we can do in the city
– you can book Mekong tours through the hotel
– a bit centrally located so it’s easy for us to go back to the hotel and rest for a while after touring the city or leave stuff after some shopping
– hard to locate because it is not just along the street
– you have to go into an alley going to the hotel
– the night shift attendants are not so friendly
– the cooks/food servers hardly speak English so you really have to do your homework of learning a bit of the local language
If I ever go back to HCM, I’ll most likely try out a different hotel. 🙂