Room Type: Standard (includes breakfast)
Total / Room Charge: USD 24.38 (PHP 1,060.35)
Booked via Agoda
Room Type: Superior (includes breakfast)
Total / Room Charge: USD 29.55 (PHP 1,278.61)
Booked via Agoda
Address: 7/9 Nguyen Trai District 1 – Ben Thanh Market/Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam
– both standard and superior rooms are well maintained; of course superior room is much bigger
– the morning shift attendants are friendlier and have initiative to offer maps, and discuss other things that we can do in the city
– you can book Mekong tours through the hotel
– a bit centrally located so it’s easy for us to go back to the hotel and rest for a while after touring the city or leave stuff after some shopping
– hard to locate because it is not just along the street
– you have to go into an alley going to the hotel
– the night shift attendants are not so friendly
– the cooks/food servers hardly speak English so you really have to do your homework of learning a bit of the local language
If I ever go back to HCM, I’ll most likely try out a different hotel. 🙂
Room Type: Deluxe Double (includes breakfast)
Total / Room Charge: USD 39.00 (PHP 1,594.76)
Booked via Agoda
TIP: I used Facebook (as usual) to communicate with Monsoon Hotel, and Leakhena (one of the owners) is very prompt and friendly in responding to every message I sent which, I really appreciate.
We came from a morning bus ride from SR, and hired a tuktuk from the bus terminal to the hotel. We were welcomed by 2 friendly staffs with all smiles and refreshing drinks.
– Very courteous, attentive, and knows how to communicate well in English. (I hope I was able to meet Leakhena to thank her personally)
— They were the ones who contacted our shuttle service for the bus trip to HCM
– It’s not that cheap (1 night in Monsoon > 2 nights in Bou Savy) but, okay, considering it’s in the capital of Cambodia, I’ll say the price is a bit fair
– Room is neat and clean and I really like the ambiance. The hotel is well maintained.
— The Bed — it’s so comforting that I almost want to take a sleep
— Bathroom: Very clean, and everything looks new. I actually like the design.
– Free fast wi-fi internet connection.
– They only serve breakfast 😦 Luckiy, there’s a lot of restaurants along the street.
I would like to stay longer, but because of the tight schedule, this will definitely be on top of my list if ever I go back to PP.
Room Type: Double Air Conditioning (includes breakfast and unlimited bottled water)
Nights: 2 + 1 (we made two bookings because we had changes in our itinerary)
Total / Room Charge: USD 54.00
1st-2nd nights: USD 36.00 (PHP 1,521.43)
3rd night: USD 18.00 (PHP 780.91)
Booked via Agoda
TIP: I used Facebook to communicate with Bou Savy – I was able to confirm that they will fetch us from the airport via FB. That’s the only question out of a few I asked them that they responded to.
Right when we stepped out of the airport door, we saw 2 men holding Bou Savy signage. When I got closer, I finally saw my name and instantly one of the men approached me and assisted us to the parking area where the TukTuk is waiting. 🙂
– Accessible from the airport and other tourist spots (e.g. Cambodian Cultural Center)
– Very courteous and attentive staffs!
– Very affordable – this is the cheapest out of the 3 hotels we had on this trip
– Room is neat and clean and very spacious just for 2
— Room Type: Double has 2 double sized beds
— Bathroom: Clean and spacious as well (had a hard time locking its door though)
– Free fast wi-fi internet connection. I believe each floor has its own router, so you’re connected everywhere you go in the guest house. 🙂
– Bike Rental (USD 2.00/day)
– Dinner is served until 9pm (or 10pm?) only. – We arrived a bit late so we had to go to a nearby eatery
That’s the only not so positive that I can think of. After all. we got the accommodation that is just right for the price we paid.
SORRY! I was not able to take pictures of our room because I was too tired and hungry to take one (travelling straight from work isn’t the best idea). I’ll just point you to pictures from google that is similar to what we had, like I’ve said what you see in the pictures is what you’ll get:
The first stop in our northern Luzon trip was Thunderbird Resort in Poro Point, San Fernando La Union. It was probably a 5-hour trip from Cubao going to the resort. (4 hour bus ride via Partas Bus – deluxe to San Fernando, and then just a short tricycle ride going to the resort )
We got their Day Tour package only 🙂
Rate: Adults (13 years old and above) – 1,000 (PhP) per head – Inclusive of** Use of swimming pool facilities; PhP 750 consumable food and drinks. The food are a bit pricey though.
We stayed just until lunch time because of our ‘hectic’ schedule if you see our itinerary. But given the chance I’d love to stay there the whole day.
It wasn’t as great as I expected it to be (the way it was promoted in tv shows and movie), but fair enough everything is awesome except for the snack we ordered that was brought to us after about 40mins. (it was so late that we ended up taking shower first).
Going back to town proper/Partas bus terminal, we availed their shuttle service (Avanza) for P300.00
|Day 1||Cubao (Partas Terminal – Deluxe Type Bus) to San Fernando, La Union||10:30pm – 2:30am||475.00/pax|
|Stayed at Plaza Hotel just to sleep (2 single beds/room with fan; common toilet and bath (1 for male, 1 for female)) I won’t really recommend this hotel.||2:45am – 8:00am||500.00/room|
|Tricycle from plaza to Thunderbird Resorts Driver made us decide how much we’ll pay.||8:00am – 8:20am||100.00/4pax|
|Day Trip at Thunderbird Resorts, Poro Point (1000.00/pax ; 750.00 consumable; we availed buffet breakfast 680.00)||8:30am – 1:00pm||1000.00/pax|
|Thunderbird Resorts to Partas Terminal (few blocks away from town plaza) via Thunderbird Resorts shuttle (Avanza)||1:00pm – 1:20pm||300.00/trip|
|Bus (Partas) ride from San Fernando, La Union to Laoag town proper||2:45pm – 8:45pm||356.00/pax|
|Bus (GMW) ride from Laoag to Gaoa||9:30pm – 11:30pm||132.00/pax|
|Tricycle ride from Gaoa Hi-way to Kapuluan Vista Resort, Pagudpud (Called Kapuluan Vista Resort upon leaving Laoag to contact a tricycle driver to fetch us)||11:30pm – 11:45pm||100.00/trip|
|Check-in at Kapuluan Vista Resort (Dorm-type room : 2 single beds + fan; common toilet and bath (1 for male, 1 for female); inclusive of breakfast)||11:45pm||1300.00/room|
|Day 2||Breakfast (included in the room rate)||7:45am – 8:30am||—-|
|Blue Lagoon (15 minute walk from Kapuluan Vista Resort)||9:00am-10:00am||—-|
|Pagudpud Tour 1(Avanza)
We were supposed to go Pagudpud town proper, but we opted not to because it’s getting late
|Check-out from Kapuluan Vista Resort: Availed Laoag Drop-off (Avanza) to Partas bus terminal with tour
||4:30pm – 7:00pm||2500.00/trip|
|Bus (Partas) ride from Laoag to Vigan||7:30pm – 9:35pm|
|Tricycle ride from Partas terminal to Grandpa’s Inn||9:30pm – 9:45pm||50.00/trip|
|Check-in at Grandpa’s Inn (Calesa Room: 2 single and 1 double beds with private toilet and bath, air-con, ref, cabled LCD TV and inclusive of breakfast)||9:45pm||650.00/pax|
|Dinner at Café Uno/Kusina Felecitas in Grandpa’s Inn||10:00pm – 11:00pm|
|Walked around Calle Crisologo||11:00pm – 12:00am||—-|
|Day 3||Breakfast at Grandpa’s Inn (included in room rate)||7:30am – 8:30am||—-|
|Vigan KalesaTour: (150.00/hour)
||8:40am – 11:40am||450.00|
|Merienda + Pasalubong time||12:00pm – 1:40pm||—-|
|Check-out from Grandpa’s Inn (we had to pay an extra charge because of exceeding chek-out time)||2:00pm||150.00/hour|
|Tricycle ride from Grandpa’s Inn to Partas Terminal||2:00pm – 2:15om||50.00/trip|
|Bus (Partas – regular) ride from Vigan to Partas Pasay Terminal (yes! it’s 10 hours!)||2:30pm – 12:45am||661.00/pax|