As I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve booked a 2-night stay in My Hotel @ Sentral for my Kuala Lumpur tour. And as promised, here’s a bit of information/review that I hope would be useful to those looking for a place to stay in KL.
Address: No.1, Jalan Tun Sambanhan 4, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Situated very near to KL Sentral Station (5 to 7-min walk) and Monorail Station (3-min walk)..I’m a fast walker btw 🙂
- Crossing the street from KL Sentral you’ll reach Public Bank, right next to it is My Hotel @ Sentral, and just beside it is the Old Town White Coffee
- Just across the street are YMCA, and 7/11 (which has limited stuff to offer); there’s a nearby reatail store which I think offers more goods than 7/11. It’s where I was able to buy adapter for my chargers
- Less than 15-minute walk to/from Little India
- It was actually a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) kind of impression comparing what I saw in the pictures from different websites, and what I got when I arrived at the hotel
- Room: I booked for My Twin Room with Window – my room was on the 2ndfloor (hotel has 5 floors) which was convenient since the elevator is not that fast. I could still see the KL Tower (even just a small view) from my room during night. Here are some more details about the room:
- Two (2) single beds put together, with pillows and comforter – NO mites or bed bugs as far as I remember 🙂
- Air-conditioned, Telephone, Wall-mounted LCD TV with cable (I think it only has 6 channels)
- Cabinet, Table, Chair
- Complementary bottled water/coffee/creamer/sugar good for two, which they replenish everyday ; water heater also available
- Has its own toilet & shower (hot & cold) room that’s quite big – towels and paper towels provided (i just find the smell of the towels weird, it’s not that bad though. good thing i brought my own)
- Free Wi-Fi connection – on my first night they were troubleshooting some problem with the connection, as a result wifi is limited to the lobby area only and maximum of six users can connect simultaneously. Later that night (after walking around KLCC), the connection got restored and I was able to connect to the wifi from my room.
Overall, I’m satisfied and happy with my stay at this hotel. Very accessible coming from anywhere once you get off from KL Sentral. Friendly and very helpful staffs. This is my first time to travel and stay at a hotel alone – I was in a deep slumber. Never felt worried all through out my stay. 🙂 I won’t mind staying here if I go back to KL (but for the sake of having a comparison, I’d probably pick a different hotel). I would recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a hotel with a low budget. 🙂